The initial step in any complete SEO strategy is to enhance your technical SEO. Ensuring that your website is in top-notch shape helps lead to more organic traffic, conversations and ranking keywords.
Are you looking for a complete SEO checklist which will help you to increase your site’s organic traffic and ranking on Google? So congratulations, look no further.
Here we have covered best practice points and tasks that will help you to drive SEO success.
Using this SEO checklist.
Table of Contents
This checklist has been broken down into sections as-
- Know Basics of SEO
- Keywords research
- Technical SEO
- SEO on-page
- SEO off-page
SEO Basics Checklist
Still don’t know what SEO is? that means your basics are not clear. Some points are given below which will clear your SEO Basics.
1.Set up Google Search Console.
Google Search Console is an essential tool that provides you with invaluable insights into your site’s performance as well as a wealth of data that you can use to grow your site’s organic visibility and traffic.
2. Set up Google analytics.
Google Analytics, as the term suggests, it will analyse your site viewers and allows you to view data that how many people are visiting your site.
3. Create a Robots.txt File
Robots.txt file tells search engine crawlers the pages that web crawlers can or can’t request from your site.
You can find your site’s robots.txt file at https://www.domain.com/robots.txt.
Check that if you have already a robots.txt file if not then create one.
Make sure that Google can actually index your website. It is not as uncommon as you may think that a website isn’t actually able to be indexed by Google. You can use the site audit tool to ensure that your website can actually be indexed or not.
Keyword Research Checklist.
It will be difficult to rank for the right terms without a solid keyword research process.
1. Know your competitors.
In your opinion, no time spent doing competitor analysis is waste of time. One of the quickest ways to get started with keyword research is to find the terms that are working for your competitors.
2. Find your main keywords
You should know what are your main keywords. Generally, these are the high competition keywords that really summarize what you offer.
3. Identify questions that are being asked.
If you know the questions that your audience generally asks can help you to better answer through your site’s content.
Learn about apk
Technical SEO Checklist.
It will create a solid foundation and will ensure that your site can be crawled and indexed.
1. Are you using HTTPS?
-There is no good reason for not using HTTPS encryption on your site, but it’s time to change now.
- There are some more technical measures that you should take care of are-
- Check for duplicate Versions of your site in Google’s index.
- Find and fix crawl errors
- Most important, you must improve your site speed.
- Fix broken internal links.
- Find and fix HTTP links on HTTPS pages.
- Make sure that your website is mobile-friendly which is a key factor in Google rankings.
- Use an SEO-friendly URL structure.
- Check the page depth of your site.
- Find and fix redirect loops and chains.
- Make sure that you are adding structured data.
There is a lot of competition for blog posts these days so without useful content or a good page experience, your site will struggle in ranking.
- First, find and fix duplicate and missing meta descriptions. It is your meta description that makes a user click on your listing over someone else’s. Keep in mind that Google rewrites meta descriptions over 70% of the time to match with the search but you should always write one that encourages users to learn more.
- If you are not improving your page titles, tags, meta tags and page content then you’re missing out on an opportunity to rank not just for your main keywords but also for keywords variation.
- You should pay attention to image optimization to proper naming the images with a descriptive file naming convention, it is an area that is often neglected.
- Always pay attention to improving internal linking. These are arguably one of the most neglected tactics in SEO marketing. Doing this strategy can drive noticeable gains quite quickly.
- Run a content audit and prune content. It is a handy way to find out what content is doing well and what content isn’t adding value. It means that if the content doesn’t rank, or doesn’t add value, it should not be on your site. If the content is not adding value to your site then it should not be there.
- Find and fix keyword cannibalization issues. It happens when multiple pages on the same site rank for the same keywords, therefore competing with one another. It is also one of the most misunderstood SEO concepts.
- Pay attention to the orphaned site pages that means pages on your site should always be linked to from at least one another page. As Google isn’t able to crawl a page through other links on your site, it is likely that it is not inserting the authority.
- Check whether your site’s content is up to date or not.
SEO Off-Page Checklist.
You cannot ignore off-page factors if you want to drive SEO success. It looks simple as link building but there is more than that which we will discuss below.
- Analyse your competitor’s link profile, without this how can you plan a strategy to outrank them? As it’s important to spend time in analysing your competitor’s content, you should also invest time into their link profile. Run any URL through the Banklink analytics tool, and you can analyse any competitor’s link profile. You can also boost your search rankings.
- Change unlinked mentions into links. The Brand monitoring tool can help you quickly identify mentions of your brand that don’t link
- Pay attention to finding new link-building opportunities. There are various new building opportunities which you can explore but it often takes time. The link-building tool is a simple and easy way to see new link-building opportunities that you can look into and websites you can reach out to.
- Optimization of Google Business profile is also necessary. If you run a local business then make sure that your business is on Google’s business profile or not. It takes time to optimize your Google business profile listing and keep up to date. But if you are satisfying customers then there is no reason why you won’t stand to gain from the time you put in.
So that’s all, this checklist is for beginners who want to learn SEO and can follow the checklist to find ways to optimize their site. To outrank your competitors you need to be sure that you are working on these steps to improve your SEO.