Have you been thinking about an EV (electric vehicle)? Many people have, which is why they’ve become quite popular all over the world. What started out as many people might think was a trend, EVs are proving to be quite a force to be reckoned with in the automobile world.
Well, whether we like it or not, we can’t begin to deny that there’s a climate change that’s starting to occur around the world, and if care is not taken, it may subject us to an unpleasant condition.
Some governments of the world are now beginning to make policies to ensure that:
- The greenhouse is not violated
- Efforts are put in place to promote excellent atmospheric conditions
- Monitoring of the ozone layer
Knowing fully well that the adverse effects of the breakdown of the greenhouse may cause unprecedented problems, some companies have thought it well to create solutions such as making electric vehicles and one-wheel scooters to aid the government’s policies.
Since internal combustion engines of vehicles are part of the issues that contribute to the detriment of the greenhouse, electric cars are now beginning to be produced in bulk to substitute for them.
Many people are switching from driving classic engine-powered cars to the electric vehicle because they can:
- Get charged
- Move farther distances
- Have numerous varieties
It would be best if you asked yourself the following important questions before getting an electric vehicle:
- Is it affordable?
- How many minutes will a charge take you for driving?
- Will there be any place for me to charge?
- How useful will it be?
These questions will help you prepare your strategies well when buying the vehicle.
What Are Electric Vehicles?
Table of Contents
You may have watched some movies in which actors or actresses drive their cars for long hours, and the only thing they do is get to a station and charge their battery. Well, that’s just a subtle description of electric vehicles.
Electric vehicles move with the help of an electric motor, and two essential factors are responsible for their push:
- Usage of energy
- Rechargeable batteries
These two factors, as mentioned above, are responsible for their movement.
Facts About Electric Vehicles
Since electric vehicles are starting to gain ground, you can never underestimate this rise in popularity. Vehicles powered with combustion engines now have to drag the marketing power with electric cars because of their:
- Increase in the level of superiority
- Great taste
Well, there are several interesting facts about electric vehicles. If you have been dilly-dallying about getting an electric car, the following points can convince you to start using one today:
- There was a 40% increase in the sales of global electric vehicles between 2019 and 2020 (Global EV Outlook, 2020)
- The price of EV batteries has fallen to $1,000 per kWh in ten years (Bloomberg, 2021)
- 80% of an EV’s battery powers the whole car, therefore, making it efficient as compared to 14-26% of the gasoline-powered vehicle (energy gov, 2012)
- 10 million electric vehicles are currently plying the road (S&P global, 2021)
- Individuals can charge the batteries of an electric vehicle to 80% within thirty minutes (Renault group, 2020)
- Electric vehicles are faster than gasoline-powered cars due to their instant power. (Getjerry, 2022)
- Since the creation of electric vehicles, nineteen models have been available in the market (Car and Driver, 2021)
Types of Electric Vehicles
Just like the typical car has various models, electric vehicles are not excluded, either.
You must know the following types of electric cars to broaden your knowledge about them:
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
Electric vehicles are fast becoming the hottest places in town because they are:
- Energy efficient
- It contains some latest technology features
You may ask yourself if now is the best period to get an electric vehicle. Well, the truth is electric cars will soon overtake traditional vehicles in the market because the number of units is increasing yearly.
In light of these, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why switching to an electric vehicle would do you a lot of good:
1. Low Cost of Maintenance
Unlike traditional vehicles, electric vehicles don’t possess internal combustion engines, so you can inexpensively maintain them for a long time.
You will be wondering why their durability period is longer. It’s because they have:
- Little or no maintenance of parts involved in the movement
- No need for a change of oil
- No replacement of the gasket
- No valves cleaning
Considering that your car is electric, you can decide to use your home EV charger to get it charged if finding a location becomes tough. In this way, you will be able to save money through your usage of the electric car.
2. Guaranteed Safety and Quietness
Most people want to be in a place with less noise and guaranteed safety. An electric vehicle can provide such value because they don’t have engines that can generate heat which may spark up unnecessary damage. Electric vehicles are quiet cars because they are not combustion-fueled, so no components have to move together to make unwanted sounds that can cause noise pollution and be deafening.
3. Offers Scintillating Performance
Whenever anyone wants to get a car, they ask themselves questions such as:
- Will the car bring a great experience?
- Am I going to enjoy this car?
- Will I derive satisfaction from this vehicle?
Having all these reasons, they try to be very poignant in choosing their kind of vehicle so that they don’t get tired of it at the end of the day.
Electric vehicles can provide a scintillating experience of driving in ways like:
- Having engines more potent than regular vehicles
- An extended size of the vehicle
- Upgraded versions of vehicles
- Charging vehicle outside with the help of a hardwired EV charger
4. Environment Friendly
Finally, electric vehicles only have one central power source: electricity. So, the meaning is that you don’t need fossil fuels to kickstart your vehicle.
Having an electric vehicle will:
- Reduce the rate of emission into the atmosphere
- Increase usage of renewable resources
- Stop air pollution and exhaust fumes that can become hazardous to the earth and humans
Governments are beginning to provide incentives for people who want to switch from vehicles with combustion engines to electric ones. Giving yourself a chance to get an electric vehicle will do you a lot of good. If tranquility and easy mobility are your major priorities, you should consider switching to an electric car now!