Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of the Tneb Electricity Bill. There is an estimate that the state’s electricity board serves one of the largest numbers of customers in the world. The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board is responsible for generating electricity bills.
Modern technology makes it possible to view light bill and make Tamilnadu electricity bill online payment, eliminating the need for paper bills in the future.
Various methods to check and make Tneb online payment
Here are the steps you will need to follow if you want to check and pay your TNEB electricity bill online:
- Visit the official website of TANGEDCO.
- On the main page, click on the ‘Online Payment Service’ tab under ‘Billing Services.
- A new page will open on the same window.
- Enter your username and password and click on the ‘Login’ button to access the portal. Your electricity bill can be viewed by clicking on ‘My Bills.’ Alternatively, you can click the ‘Quick Pay’ button on the homepage to complete the process of your electricity bill payment as quickly as possible.
- A new page will redirect you to the page where you will be required to choose your preferred payment method for the amount of your bill.
- Once you have selected your preferred payment method. You must enter the necessary information and click the ‘proceed’ button to pay your electricity bill.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and email address once you pay your bill. If your bill has been successfully paid, you can also check the status of your bill under the ‘My Bills’ section.
Here are some other options for checking and Tamilnadu electricity bill online payment
Through mobile app
It is also possible to download the TANGEDCO mobile app through the Google Play Store or Apple Store for Tamilnadu electricity bill online payment. Here are the steps to make a payment using the TANGEDCO mobile app:
- You can download the TANGEDCO app on your phone.
- When you open the app, give the app permission to make and manage phone calls.
- You must enter your username and password and then click on the ‘Login’ button.
- It would be helpful if you could provide a 4-digit PIN for your account.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to update your profile by providing the necessary information as asked by TNEB.
- Then, after you have updated your profile, you can visit the app’s home screen page.
- You can pay your electricity bill by clicking ‘Quick Pay.’
- If you wish, you may either pay the amount displayed on your bill or any other amount.
- Make your choice of the mode of payment that is most convenient for you.
- You will need to enter the details of your payment method. The next step will take you to the payment gateway section. Please follow the remaining instructions to complete the payment process.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS and email on your registered mobile number after successful payment.
Here is how to check TNEB reading details online
- Choose from a list of the available options to select the region where you have the connection.
- You must enter your service number, followed by your mobile number.
- You must enter the captcha in the box and click the ‘Proceed’ button.
- The reading details will be available online to view at your convenience.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) is an electricity generation and distribution organization under the control of Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited. This board was formed as a directed business model to succeed the previous Board for Tamil Nadu Electricity.
TNEB’s helpline and customer service contact information
- If you have any issues with your electricity supply, you can contact the helpline number 1912. Users can avail this facility at any time, 24 hours a day.
- You can also call on 044-28521109 or send a message to the number 9445850811 via WhatsApp. It is also possible to call the camp office on 044-24959525.
- Visit the official website of TANGEDCO and find the section titled ‘Consumer Services’ to register your questions or concerns. If you can find it, click on the link that says ‘Consumer’s Complaint. A member of the electrical board’s customer service department will contact you as soon as possible.
Whenever you have any questions or concerns, you can call the electricity supply department at helpline number 1912. Users can access this facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also reach them by calling 044-28521109 or sending a WhatsApp message to 9445850811. It is also possible to reach the office by phone at 044-24959525 if you need assistance. Visit TANGEDCO’s official website and find the section titled ‘Consumer Services’ to register your questions or concerns. If you complain to the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, an executive from the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board customer care department will contact you as soon as possible.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was initially established on July 1, 1957, as the Madras State Electricity Board. At the time, TNEB was a successor to the former Electricity Department of the Government of Madras, which operated under the authority of the Department of Power. After some time, it became known as the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board. According to the number of consumers, it is the largest State Electricity Board in the nation.
Checking the electricity bill amount every month is a very good habit to track electricity usage. It is a handy tool for keeping track of your expenses, electricity usage, appliance maintenance, etc. It is not uncommon for most states to partner with local electricity bodies, both private and public, to provide electricity to their citizens. Digitalization has completely changed how bill payments are processed and registered. You can check your TNEB bill amount and do Tamilnadu electricity bill online payment without standing in long lines and without wasting your time. It just takes a few clicks on the official website of TANGEDCO to get started.
If you want to pay your electricity bill offline, you can visit the TNEB office. You must bring your most recent electric bill when you visit the TNEB office. The payment options available include debit card, UPI, check, cash, demand draft, or credit card. You will receive a receipt as soon as the transaction has been completed, which you can keep for future reference.