The state government of Maharashtra had established the City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Limited (CIDCO) as its premier town planning agency. Among its other functions, the primary aim of CIDCO is to provide low-cost housing and commercial property solutions to people from low-income groups and economically weaker sections through a lottery system.
What Is CIDCO Housing Scheme?
Every year, CIDCO picks an area to develop where they construct well-planned good quality houses and then sell them at subsidised rates to those in need.
This year CIDCO plans to build 5,730 PMAY-approved and RERA-registered housing units at Taloja in Navi Mumbai. Of this, 4,206 houses will be available for LIG and 1,524 units for EWS in accordance with CIDCO’s 60:40 ratio for tenement allocation. Taloja is among one of the fastest growing nodes of Navi Mumbai with increased commercial activity, good infrastructure, connectivity, housing options, educational institutions, health care facilities, and other amenities.
CIDCO announced its housing lottery scheme for the current year on 26th January 2022. Registrations for the scheme are already underway and the last date for accepting online applications is 25th February 2022.
Beneficiaries of CIDCO Housing Lottery
Beneficiaries of the CIDCO lottery must hail from Maharashtra and should be from either the LIG or EWS categories. LIG households must have an annual income between Rs 3,00,001 and Rs 6,00,000. While EWS families must belong to the general category (not reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC) with an annual income pool less than Rs 8 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria for CIDCO Lottery 2022
Those who wish to apply for the CIDCO lottery must have the following eligibility criteria:
- Domicile certificate – The applicant should have a domicile certificate to prove residency in the state of Maharashtra for at least 15 years.
- Address proof – S/he must be a resident of Maharashtra. Residency is not limited to the region of Navi Mumbai or the location of the housing units.
- Income proof – Applicants seeking EWS flats should have a monthly income of less than Rs 25,000 and those seeking LIG flats must show a monthly salary between Rs 25,000 and Rs 50,000.
Online Registration Process for CIDCO Lottery Scheme
The process to apply for the lottery is fairly simple and can be completed in the following steps:
- Visit the official CIDCO website https://lottery.cidcoindia.com.
- Click on ‘Register For Lottery’ tab.
- Fill in the required information such as address, PAN card number, Aadhar card number and bank account details.
- Upload soft copies of the documents as mentioned.
- Review your application form to ensure there are no errors.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Next, choose your preferred mode of payment from the given options – online banking, credit or debit cards.
- The registration fee is Rs 5,000 for the EWS category and Rs 25,000 for the LIG category. Make the payment to complete the registration process.
Documents Required for CIDCO Housing Scheme
The lottery process is quite straightforward and there is minimal documentation needed when you register. You will require just these important documents:
- Income proof certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Bank details
How to Check CIDCO 2022 Lottery Result
Applicants must wait for the draw to see if they have been chosen as beneficiaries of a CIDCO home. They can easily check the results online in the steps stated below:
- Go to the official CIDCO website.
- Click on ‘Accepted Applications’ tab on the home page.
- Enter the user details.
- The following page will display lottery names.
- Click ‘View’ alongside the relevant lottery name.
- Select the scheme code and category and click ‘View’.
- The list of selected applicants can be see in pdf format.
- Check the list for your name and application number.
However, if you do not find your name on the lottery list, your money will be refunded and you can try again next year. The refund will be credit directly to your bank account if you made the payment using a credit/debit card. But, if you pay through a demand draft or DD, then your refund will also be made through a DD.
CIDCO Flats – Cost and Upkeep
The price of EWS units ranges from Rs 18.87 lakh to Rs 21.56 lakh, while general category houses cost between Rs 27.57 lakh and Rs 31.44 lakh, depending on the location. Beneficiaries can opt for full payment or they can pay in six instalments over a period of six months for ready-possession homes.
CIDCO undertakes maintenance of common areas including running expenses like electricity and water charges and allied repairs for the initial two years in all its tenements. It also carries out maintenance of pumps and lifts for five years. At present, beneficiaries cannot sell their lottery houses for at least five years. The state government now plans to legalise transfer of CIDCO flats in Navi Mumbai.
The CIDCO lottery scheme has proved to be a boon for many struggling households in Maharashtra. The process to register for the lottery online is quick and easy. Read the scheme details on the portal carefully before filling out the form.