The QuickBooks Condense Data function enables users to significantly reduce the size of their company files in pursuit of improving the speed of the QuickBooks Desktop application. However, this utility is prone to numerous error codes if not used properly. In this article, we will be helping users with the various facts regarding the QuickBooks Condense Data Error and will come up with various methods of troubleshooting the error. Before proceeding ahead, users are advised to make a backup of their invaluable QuickBooks files.
Various Condense data errors encountered by QuickBooks users
Below are given the various forms of the Condense data errors that keep impeding users while they attempt to use the QuickBooks Condense Data Utility.
- If some issue arises during the condensing process, the file being condensed is returned to its initial state.
- Error 8007000e: If the necessary storage is unavailable, the QuickBooks Condense Data utility does not proceed with data condensing. The QuickBooks condensed data issue also occurs if the hard drive doesn’t possess 395744870 bytes of free space.
- Another error message states that due to a technical fault, QuickBooks will not condense the data file.
Various reasons behind the QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Some conspicuous errors that instigate the error related to the Condense data utility are given as under:
- A company file is on a different network computer.
- The company file is corrupt or damaged.
- A negative amount and/or negative inventory are present in the QuickBooks company file.
- Not enough system storage in the system.
- Outdated Condense Data utility and/or an outdated QuickBooks Desktop software.
- A damaged file of QuickBooks logs may also lead to the QuickBooks Condense data error.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Condense Data Error
It is now time to take a stride forward toward the various troubleshooting methods for getting rid of the QuickBooks Condense Data Error. So, sit back and just go through the methods very carefully to oust this error related to the Condense Data error.
Method 1: Updating the QuickBooks accounting application
Getting the QuickBooks application updated is extremely important as it acts as a bone guard against different kinds of error codes and technical glitches in QuickBooks. Updating the accounting software can also get rid of the Condense Data Error in QuickBooks. Just perform the easy steps below to get the QuickBooks application update to the latest:
- Run the QuickBooks Desktop application from its Desktop icon.
- Afterward, hit on the File Menu, and then from the drop-down, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, proceed ahead as per the onscreen prompts and accomplish the task of downloading the updates for QuickBooks.
- Once done, restart QuickBooks and kick start the installation of the updates.
Method 2: Making use of the feature of the QuickBooks File Doctor (A company file repair Tool)
- To make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, the user should download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit, and after that, install the tool by using the downloaded file.
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub is successfully installed, launch the same and then head for the Company File issues Then, proceed ahead to the QuickBooks File Doctor and browse for the company file.
- Now, start the scan process and let the tool diagnose and fix any issues within the Company file.
- Once the process is over, restart QuickBooks and then attempt to use the Condense Data Utility to see if the error got fixed.
Method 3: Resolving any erroneous entries within the Company File
Rectifying any negative entries in the company file can also fix the error related to the condense data utility.
- Initially, the user is suppose to locate and reach to the LOG file in the QuickBooks installation folder.
- The next step involves scrolling to the bottom of the document and scanning the text for the words Error and Type of error.
- The text in the file will highlight transactions and entries that contain errors of any kind, such as entries with negative values.
- The user is need to write down the invoice number and look it up in the company file.
- Subsequently, change the transaction value/ or the entry value. After that, proceed ahead and save the file.
- If the user encounters the same compress data problem after trying to condense the company file once more, he/she should follow the troubleshooting method(involving renaming of the QBWIN.LOG file).
Method 4: Altering the name of the file named QBWIN.LOG
Another viable method for resolving the QuickBooks Condense Data error is by renaming the log file (namely, QBWIN.log) that stores the information related to the Condense data utility. The procedure for the same is given below:
- The first step requires locating the QBWIN.log file on your computer. For that, right-click the Desktop icon of QuickBooks Desktop and then choose Properties. After that, head for the Open File location
- Within the QuickBooks folder that shows up on the screen type in log in the search box and then hit on the Enter key.
- Once the file is located, right-click it and then opt for the Rename
- Make sure to add .old or some other word (to make this file distinct and inaccessible for QuickBooks) at the end of the file name.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Condense Data utility and proceed with the process of condensing the company file. Hopefully, the issue will be resolve at this stage. If not, try the following troubleshooting avenue.
Method 5: Launching Windows in the Safe Mode
In various instances, the QuickBooks Condense Data Error appears due to some disruption caused by a conflicting program/or process running at the backend during the condensing process. To bypass this issue, the user should access his/her operating system in the Safe Mode after restarting the computer.
- The first step involves saving all your current work progress and restarting Windows.
- Once the black screen appears after restarting the system, the user is required to keep tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options Window gets displaye on the screen.
- Herein, the user should press the arrow key down to reach Safe Mode with Networking
- After that, hit the Enter
- The final step is to try condensing the company file once again to inspect whether the error get resolve.
You may also read : Top 3 WHMCS Themes for Your Online Business
It is time to conclude. But before we wind up, we reiterate our unfaltering support. If you feel a need for assistance while repairing QuickBooks Condense data error, you should unreluctantly reach out to our QuickBooks experts in order to get your issues sorted out in no time. We are accessible via the helpline +1 800 761 1787 and the Live chat option on our website.