The worst thing that happens with most of us is that we change the wireless settings of our router in such a way that it becomes easier for others to steal our personal information. You need to change the wireless settings so that no one can access your http://extender.linksys.com settings without your permission. It should be secret. You must learn to change your wifi settings, including the username, WIFI password, and admin password. It will help you a lot in the future to protect your WIFI information from hackers or stealers.
The way to change your Linksys extender setup admin password enables you to gain full advantage of some advanced features of your Linksys range extender. You might not be aware of some of the most beneficial features of your router. If you are a computer neophyte, still learn to change your router’s settings.
Learn the process to change Linksys re6300 admin password
To change the admin password of your range extender, you need to access the web interface page. You can access the management setup page of your device using the Linksys router login page. Initially, you can get this Linksys extender login window using the default login credential of your router. The default login credentials, such as the SSID and admin password will take you to the interface page of your router within a few minutes. You must have a compatible web browser and all the required login details. But you have to change the default login credentials immediately after the first login. Else hackers will access your router’s web interface page using unauthorized ways.
Login to the Linksys re6300 web interface via extender.linksys.com
- Access a web browser of your choice using a computer or other device connected to the Linksys extender wireless network.
- In the address field of the web browser launched on your computer, enter the default login web address that is http://extender.linksys.com.
- You can even enter the default login IP address of your wireless extender RE6300, which is 192.168.1.254.
- It will surely help you to reach the web-based interface of your Linksys Wi-Fi extender.
- Fill in the SSID and password of your Linksys extender in the required field.
- The required login credential of your Linksys range extender is the default login details.
- Admin is the required default login username and password for your Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup.
- You can get the default login username and password by locating them on your range extender.
- The moment you enter admin in the username and password field, the web interface page of your Wi-Fi extender appears on the screen after a successful http://extender.linksys.com login.
- On the Linksys range extender login page, you should go to the Management tab. And then click on the Access Control panel.
- Here, you can look for the [Password] option on the left side of the appeared page and click on it.
- Next, you have to type the old admin password of your router that is ADMIN default on the Linksys re6300. You have to set a new extender login password by creating a new one.
In the end, tap on the option [Save or apply] to save the settings.
Unable to access the web-based interface of my Linksys re6300
If you cannot log into the web-based interface or the Basic home page of your Linksys re6300, you have to look into the following guidelines to access your http://extender.linksys.com page successfully. The following guidelines will make your login and configuration process very easy. Make sure to connect all the wired Ethernet cables tightly and securely.
- If http://extender.linksys.com fails to provide you access to the web-based interface of your Linksys RE6300, log in via the default IP Address that is 192.168.1.254.
- It is also the default gateway for the Linksys extender login process to access the web interface page.
- If you still cannot restart your Linksys Wi-Fi extender, you should power it off and then on after a few minutes.
- Then, try to access your Linksys extender login and the web-based interface page.
- You can also try logging into the web-based interface of your Linksys extender through different web browsers and configuration devices.
- If you have a device like a computer to access the web-based interface, go for a Mac device or a laptop.
- If you do not have any other device to configure Linksys login page, then restart the computer and clear its DNS cache on your computer.
You can also check if your default IP address or the Default Gateway can be received through the end device. If yes, write them down on paper and use this default gateway address to log in to your Linksys re6300 router setup page. If you have enabled any firewall or antivirus on your computer, you have to disable them temporarily on your computer.
Read More – Tp link extender setup page not accessible